Thursday, September 06, 2001

I am in a 5 * 15 foot wide corridor with 3 computers and 10 people. 20 rupees for 1 hour. I can't connect my IPAQ they say (although I could use the mouse connection). Outside is a alley off a wider alley filled with motorcycles, motor-rickshaws, cows, dogs, bicycles, many people to whom this is everyday life. We are staying in this area of Delhi down one of the alleys. In the day it is 100 degrees. I hope the electricity doesn't go out before I can post this. I feel like an alien. People follow us - trying to sell us things. The guy sitting next to me just now is trying to sell me a houseboat booking in Srinigar, which is where we are going tomorrow. Today we visited Old Delhi - traveling as usual in a motor-rickshaw. There is the Red Fort which was built in 1600's by Shah Jahan. It was where the Maharaja of India lived and ruled. I thought for a moment today about 'User Access Profiles' - wearing sandals here purchased at Gart Sports with a gift certificate from the December release of "user access profiles".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home